MedVal at the 11th Annual Meeting of ISMPP
April 26-29, 2015
From April 26-29th, the MedVal team attended the 11th Annual Meeting of the International Society for Medical Publication Professionals (ISMPP). In addition to earning Certified Medical Publication Professional™ (CMPP™) credits and networking with colleagues in the industry, we got a much deserved vacation from our desks!
This year's meeting highlighted the need for a patient-centered focus in publication practices. Some interesting topics discussed included:
- Publication planning practices
- Patient-centered outcomes research and patient involvement in clinical trial design and publications
- Social media, technology, and metrics in healthcare and publications
- Emerging healthcare markets
- Sunshine Act and the Open Payments Database
- Health Economics and Outcomes Research
- The Certified Medical Publication Professional™ (CMPP™) Credential
- Updated guidelines for Good Publication Practices (GPP3)
- Publication of "negative" clinical trial data
- Rare diseases and orphan drugs
Michael Platt, President of MedVal, presented at two sessions at the meeting: "Collaborative Technology Real-World Case Studies" and "Making the Most of Your ISMPP Certified Medical Publication Professional™ (CMPP™) Credential."
Follow us @MedValSci for pictures and other updates from the meeting. For further information, fill out the Contact Us form and ask for our detailed summary of the meeting sessions.