Rare Diseases News
CF: Phase 3 Study of VX-770 in Children Shows Marked Improvement in Lung Function and Other Measures
Vertex Pharmaceuticals and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation today announced positive results from an ongoing Phase 3 clinical trial of VX-770 for children age 6 to 11. Children who were on the drug showed a marked improvement in lung function through 24 weeks of a 48-week trial, compared to those who took the placebo. more...
NIH study identifies gene that suppresses cell’s immune activation
A new study of prostate tumors has shown that a gene, FOXO3, suppresses activation of cells related to immunity and thus leads to a reduced immune response against a growing cancer. By identifying a gene that makes immune cells suppressive, the researchers may have found a new target for enhancing immune responses to cancer tumor cells. more...
GW researchers have been awarded two grants from the McKesson Foundation as part of its Mobilizing for Health initiative, an initiative to improve the health of underserved populations with chronic diseases through the use of mobile-phone technology. more...
Welcome to MedVal Scientific Information Services
Thank you for visiting our web site. We're pleased that you found us and hope that you've discovered some useful information. We have big plans for the site, and encourage you to check back often for news and information about our company and our site. Over the next several months, we'll be transforming the site into a content-rich community where you can get the latest healthcare, medical, pharmaceutical, and scientific information. You'll be able to interact with patients, healthcare providers, industry leaders, and others who share your interests and concerns. And you'll become part of a community that will help to shape many aspects of the medical and scientific community.
Although we're new, MedVal Scientific Information Services has been providing support for the medical and scientific community for more than 15 years. As we continue to evolve and grow, you'll learn more about our capabilities and successful partnerships. We have some exciting and revolutionary new services in development, and we'll be announcing them soon. In the meantime, you can get more information about MedVal using the links to the right.
MedVal provides science-based education and information. By providing scientific communications and programs that encompass a mix of media (print, digital, and web) for healthcare providers, patients, family and friends, and caregivers, our goal is to help them become more aware of and knowledgeable about diseases and disease management. The result? Healthcare providers can better treat patients, and patients and caregivers can advocate for the best care to improve outcomes.
MedVal is focused on developing communications vehicles and technology platforms that facilitate and foster communication and information sharing among healthcare professionals, patients, supporters, and caregivers. MedVal's new product, the social network for rare diseases HopefulCircle.org, is an example of our approach.
Why MedVal? Here are a few reasons:
- Outstanding and impactful communications, supported by the excellence, range, and depth of our medical writing and program development staff.
- Assurance that your communications are fully compliant with all regulatory and legal requirements, by a staff trained in compliance and active in standards organizations like AMWA and ISMPP.
- Science professionals who understand your products, your constituents, and your markets including medical writers, medical editors, and scientific managers with diverse, advanced degrees in the life sciences.
- The right communication vehicles, including the expertise to turn Web 2.0 & 3.0 concepts into engaging information to educate and enlighten all stakeholders in medical care.
- A keen understanding of the importance of research, supported by an in-house, fully staffed medical library
- Communications that rise above the ordinary with the creativity and innovation of MedVal's award-winning graphic artists
For more information, or to discuss ways in which we can help you exceed your goals, please contact us at 609-945-8821, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org